Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 2-4 January 27-29 2011

So, I am gonna Wrap up all that has happened in the time i have been here.
Thursday, I woke up, eat breakfast, was still hurting pretty bad so there was some med involved. and some sleep, My Grandfather Came to visit, followed by my sister, and Nephew. she brought me some things, Insulin, pump sites, my DS. My Games, Just stuff i needed that i had forgot to tell Jason about. Visited for awhile and Left, I then hung out till Jason Came and brought me my Phone charger, comouter, socks you know stuff. then he went to class. My Nurse Told me they were moving me to a more permeant room. And off i went. I got to my new Room, 109 of the PNU yay. the nurses were nice untill things calmed down a little, I was doing the Cheerful thing, trying to make people like me.... DIDNT WORK. My nurse after talking to me about my goals informed me that my Goals were too far out. and i was going to go Crazy. cuz 18 weeks is a long time away. which i thought was just Assanine. but I am not a professional.. so whatever. i will conturne to have my unreasionable goal. My Mom came to see me, and we had dinner together, thank god she was here cuz i didnt get dinner till about 8 and she had to go ask for it. but i got it. i ended up going to sleep. and having a pretty uneventful night.


Friday. My nurse woke me up with Breakfast, i ate, no complaints watched some tv, lunch, Jason came to visit. briefly he left I ate dinner, and then the shift changed and all hell broke loose. The Nurse informed me that my sugars were crazy, and that i was going to cause my Baby to be big, and mess up my placenta, and ultimately mess up my kid, I was like EXCUSE me. I know what i am doing and right now everything is up in the air and i need time to figure out things and adjust according to my new Lifestyle. and on another note i am perfectly aware what the risks and problems that come from being an uncontrolled diabetic. so i fumed for a while, The doctor Finally finished rounds at about 10 o'clock and she was discouraged about the lack of numbers that i had written down. I explained to her that is wasn't that i didn't do them it was that i didn't write them down. and she said she just needed to see them so i left it alone and came up with a plan to just call the nurse anytime i checked my sugar and make them document it. so, at 11:30 I called her in, told her my plan, and she wasn't happy. she told me that i can either work to thier rules or they would take away my pump. I was like Really, i think not. i will leave.. that is my right. she told me that i wasn't taking care of my baby. we basically got into a bitch fight. i told her to leave my room. and she took her time.. but eventually did. I then spent about an hour writing down exactly what i felt needed to happen. how i expected to be treated. and i called my mom and read it to her she said it was good. it was then about 1:30 I called the nurse, handed her the note told her to put it in the chart, and that i would like an ambein to help me sleep. the note contained ways to read my insulin pump so that the doctors and nurses could see numbers, carb, insulin amounts, and trends if they wanted to take the time to learn a little. but i then went to sleep..

Next Chapter:


Saturday: Woke up, Lin the Charge nurse was my nurse and she swore i would like her, and she wasn't going to give me a hard time. and we would work together, and for the day we did exactly that, the doctor came in. (when i say Mcdreamy i mean it) so Mcdreamy comes in and is talking about my sugars and how he feels they are just a little too low, which i a agreed with him. and explained how i had made a few changes the day before. and that i needed to unchanged them, as we are talking my sugar dropped a whole lot and it wasn't long before i passed out. i woke up in the middle of a nightmare. there were 10 people in my room, things on my bed. and doctors asking my name asked me if i knew what was happing .. i did. i told them it was dropping fast. anyway i was pretty messed up. and i probably set Mcdreamy back a few years. they then put me on a 1 on 1. which means i have a nurse that hangs out with me constantly. and makes sure i am ok. the night shift came on and she was nice. i mean she looked and acted like didn't know what she was supposed to do. i mean she couldn't even hook up the contraction monitor, and she was just really slow, like she was unsure of what the hell she was doing. but she was nice enough. I went to sleep and she then asked me how i wanted her to check on me. so i explained that my sugar was 134 and it was going to stay that way. not a big deal. but she woke me up at 3a.m. and turned on my light and checked my sugar,... making sure that i was WIDE awake. It then took me and hour or two to get back to sleep. but i did and it was fine, they took me off the 1 on 1 in the night cuz my sugar was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment